Standard Form for Club Bylaws and Policies
As revised by Kiwanis International – October 2012
ARTICLE 1. NAME and OBJECTS
1.1. This organization is the “Kiwanis Club of Topsail Island Area, Surf City” K11483, which is a member of Kiwanis International and exists only by charter granted by Kiwanis International.
1.2. The primary purpose of this club is to improve the quality of life for children and families worldwide by adhering to the Objects of Kiwanis International, which are:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through this club, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build a better community.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
ARTICLE 2. MEMBERS
2.1. Adults of good character and good community standing may be admitted to membership in this club by invitation or by transfer from another Kiwanis club upon no less than a majority vote of the board.
- For the complete Club By-laws click the download button below